Intervention, the book
Course Corrections for the Athlete and Trainer
You have two choices:
- Be lucky enough in middle school, junior high or high school to be taught basic body movements and step-by-step instructions in the Olympic lifts, powerlifting, mobility, flexibility, kettlebell training & tumbling
- Apply Intervention
For most of us, it’s option two.
Here are the answers, but the questions are the real keys–
- Strength training for lean body mass and joint mobility work trump everything else.
- Fundamental human movements are… fundamental.
- Standards and gaps must be constantly assessed.
- The notion of ‘park bench’ and ‘bus bench’ workouts must be applied throughout the training lifetime.
- Constantly strive for mastery and grace.