Intervention, the book
Course Corrections for the Athlete and Trainer
You have two choices:
- Be lucky enough in middle school, junior high or high school to be taught basic body movements and step-by-step instructions in the Olympic lifts, powerlifting, mobility, flexibility, kettlebell training & tumbling
- Apply Intervention
For most of us, it’s option two.
Here are the answers, but the questions are the real keys–
- Strength training for lean body mass and joint mobility work trump everything else.
- Fundamental human movements are… fundamental.
- Standards and gaps must be constantly assessed.
- The notion of ‘park bench’ and ‘bus bench’ workouts must be applied throughout the training lifetime.
- Constantly strive for mastery and grace.
I’ve always said the greatest compliment to a coach is to say he gets it. Dan John really gets it…and knows how to put it on paper. Read and enjoy. ~Michael Boyle
I love Dan John’s back-to-basics yet progressive approach, his coupling of the physical and spiritual dimensions of training, his attention to detail and his ability to help push us to find our inner limits. ~ Todd Durkin
6×9, paperback, 270 pages, indexed
Get your Intervention here.
It’s also available in a ZIP file holding all ebook formats, $9.99,
or the audio book (read by me!), which INCLUDES the ebook, for $24.95.