The Audio Version of “Intervention”
Well, in total candor, reading my book into a recorder was as hard as anything I have done in my career. Besides the usual hatred of the sound of one’s voice, it seemed the universe conspired against me with every take. My favorite, and Laree heard it, too, was repeating the same frustrating paragraph three times THEN having the phone go off just as the take finished.
It’s a great thing to do, I enjoyed it and we will be doing Never Let Go as an audio book very soon. You can get the flavor of it here:
Course Corrections for the Athlete and Trainer
You have two choices:
- Be lucky enough in middle school, junior high or high school to be taught basic body movements and step-by-step instructions in the Olympic lifts, powerlifting, mobility, flexibility, kettlebell training & tumbling
- Apply Intervention
For most of us, it’s option two.
Here are the answers, but the questions are the real keys–
- Strength training for lean body mass and joint mobility work trump everything else.
- Fundamental human movements are… fundamental.
- Standards and gaps must be constantly assessed.
- The notion of ‘park bench’ and ‘bus bench’ workouts must be applied throughout the training lifetime.
- Constantly strive for mastery and grace.
I’ve always said the greatest compliment to a coach is to say he gets it. Dan John really gets it…and knows how to put it on paper. Read and enjoy. ~Michael Boyle
I love Dan John’s back-to-basics yet progressive approach, his coupling of the physical and spiritual dimensions of training, his attention to detail and his ability to help push us to find our inner limits. ~ Todd Durkin
6×9, paperback, 270 pages, indexed
Intervention is shipping now.
It’s also available in a ZIP file holding all ebook formats, $9.99,
or the audio book (read by me!), which INCLUDES the ebook, for $14.99.