Please don’t ask for explanations of the exercise names, they are common exercises that we added goofy titles just to keep moving along. I’m doing several workshops this year for HS Strength Coaches and this is a resources.
• Waiter Walks/Suitcase Walks/Heartbeat Walk
• Light Goblet Squats / Hip Flexor Stretch “Make Space”
• Plank (Superman and One Leg Variations)
• Windmill Movements (Get Up Series)
• Bootstrapper Squats “Spread the Load”
• Pushup Position Planks (Superman and One Leg Variations)
• Bootstrapper Squats “Pry Loose”
• Horizontal Shrugs “Relax into Stretch”
• Maxercist Rows “Strength is a Skill”
• Parked One Arm Rows
• Alligator Push Ups Tic-tock-tic-tock…
• RDL Stretch/Timed Pushups/ RDL Stretch/Timed Pushup
• Heartbeat Squats
• Half Turkish Get ups using the elbow as a lever
• Dead Bugs: Resurrected Dead Bugs, Floor Wipers, and Deadbugs with a Heart Beat..16 each
Big Five 55
Chicken thieves (Farmer Walks OVER Hurdles with light Kbells)
All lifts are except thieves are done in 10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1
Tap out at 23 minutes or so
8 Sets of 5 on the minute
In groups of two perform a set of five then partner does a set of five. Add weight as soon as the second partner is finished. Rest period is however much time between.
This is a great workout because:
-Teaches the kids about proper loading
-Rest periods decrease and the workload increases
-Fairly high volume allows athletes to practice the lifts
-Short rests help the athletes to focus
Slam Balls (Take Dynamax Ball overhead to ground HARD!)
Increase the weight on every set.
-Good PR setting workout
-Teaches the athletes to get comfortable with heavier weights
3-2-1 3-2-1 3-2-1 3-2-1
Add Weight at every cluster
-Great PR workout
-Greases the groove –Shuts the mind down and allows the athlete to just lift heavier weights
The Three Amigos
1-2-3 x5 Add weight
-This workout is similar to the one above except it is likely that you can use close to max weights for sets of three and not feel too much fatigue. Great neurological workout.
2-3-5 x 4
-Lots of quality volume.
-Each “set” has 10 total reps. You can handle much greater weight than if you just did sets of ten.
-Add a set of ten after five for serious volume. However, this will come at the expense of intensity.
Carry (Either a Slosh Pipe or Sandbag or something)
-Serious volume. It would be hard to find a better way to get this much quality volume in a single workout session.
-Not too draining on the nervous system like 10 sets of 10.
-Tons of volume
-Easier on the CNS than say 10 sets of 10
-Focus on reps
-Good build up to higher intensity
Goals for boys:
Big Blue Club
Power Clean 205
Back Squat 255
Front Squat 205
Standing Press 115
One Arm Bench 32kg5 Right/5 left
Power Clean & Jerk 165
Goals for Girls
Big Silver Club
Power Clean 95
Back Squat 135
Front Squat 95
Standing Press 70
One Arm Bench 12kg10 Right/10 left
Power Clean & Jerk 75